Download class Notes handout file: Click “SAVE” & choose “PDF” Booklet (Portable Document File) for a printable file.
10.23.2022 – ADULT Sunday School – Life & Times of Moses, “Life in a Dead Stick, Affirming God’s Priesthood” Numbers 17:1-13, Rick Bickel
REVIEW – (10/16/2022) LESSON: Numbers 16 LESSON: (Chapter 15, in class review, only)
- Verses 1-3: REBELLION against Moses and Aaron again.
- Verses 4-7: Moses responds first with a PRAYER.
- Verses 8-11: The response continues with an ACCUSATION.
- Verses 12-14: Some REFUSE to take the challenge.
- Verse 15: Moses goes to God.
- Verses 16-17: The test is GIVEN to Korah.
- Verses 18-22: God judges / Moses SEPARATES.
- Verses 23-25: God’s judgement.
- Verses 26-40: REMINDER about the bronze censers.
- Verses 41-50: Complaining again / judgement again / Moses & Aaron JUDGE / ATONE again.
October 23 LESSON: Numbers 17:1-13; “Life in a Dead Stick, Affirming God’s Priesthood”
- Verses 1-5: A miracle is DESIGNED and commanded by God.
- Verses 6-9: The miracle occurs.
- Verses 10-11: The miracle is PRESERVED and explained.
- Verses 12-13: The people UNDERSTAND the significance of the miracle.
- I. In a general way, this chapter teaches that ALL true ministry comes from God (v. 1-11).
- II. The people get it, finally.
October 23 – A General SUMMARY:
- Numbers 15 dealt with offerings to be made after they got into the Promise Land as well as sin issues…and, the importance of tassels on their garments to remind them of God’s commandments.
- Numbers 16-17 deals with the issue of who has been set apart for the work of the tabernacle.
- Numbers 15-19 happen at unknown places and unknown times within the 37 years of wandering in the wilderness.
Notes on the book of NUMBERS:
- The Book of Numbers is the 4th book of the Old Testament (OT).
- Book of Numbers is also the 4th book in OT chronological order.
- Book of Numbers contains 36 chapters, 1,288 verses.
- Book of Numbers tells of the events that happened on Israel’s journey between the Exodus and the entry into the Promised Land.
- The Book of Numbers is all about God’s people “in the wilderness“:
- How they get there;
- How God deals with them in the wilderness; and
- How He brings them out of the wilderness on their way to the Promised Land.